Rwanda Internet Community and Technology Alliance (RICTA) is a not-for-profit organization representing the Rwanda Internet community whose main objective is to manage the .RW Country Code Top Level Domain (cc-TLD) and Rwanda Internet exchange point. RICTA seeks to recruit for the position of IT & Operations Manager.
POSITION: IT & OPERATIONS MANAGER
POSITION TYPE: FULL TIME
REPORTING TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To pursue and achieve RICTA's Vision and Mission by working with RICTA Executive Management to ensure that all RICTA systems are running efficiently and supervising the overall functioning of business operations.
IT & OPERATIONS MANAGER
The main tasks of the IT & Operations Manager are:
1. Manage RICTA technical Infrastructure (RINEX and RW platform)
2. Elaborate a disaster recovery plan and a technical plan to ensure business continuity.
3. Elaborate all technical standard operating documents for RICTA.
4. Ensure that the security, integrity and reliability of all IT systems are safe-guarded.
5. Designs network infrastructure (physical and virtual) for the purpose of ensuring effective and efficient networking systems
6. Prepares written materials (e.g. procedures, system level documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
7. Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
8. Support the administration department in elaborating annual budget for technical related aspects.
9. Conduct periodic technical trainings about new or existing technologies.
10. Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly technical reports.
11. Be the lead person for any new system & network implementation or integration within RICTA
12. Elaborate adequate business cases for any system & network change(s) or upgrade(s)
13. To ensure that all operational duties are performed in accordance with established procedures.
14. To regularly evaluate operational procedures and controls and present your proposals to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
15. Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
16. Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
17. Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
18. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activities. Implement and manage operational plans.
19. Supporting the CEO or executive team's vision and process ideals.
20. Supporting all functions of the business to work together
21. To assist with other duties as assigned.
Required Academic Qualifications, Competences and Skills.
1. At least 5 years System/Network administration experience
2. Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as Engineering or computer science.
3. Certification in Unix/Linux and CCNA.
4. CCNP is preferred but not required.
5. Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills specific to both technical and business audiences and strong customer service skills.
7. Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisor(s) and colleagues.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit an Application Letter, CV/Resume, and copies of bachelor's degree to:
Chief Executive Officer- RICTA
6th Floor Telecom House
8KG 7 Avenue, Kacyiru, Kigali-Rwanda
Or send it by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
RICTA is an equal opportunity employer. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly.
Application deadline: Friday 22nd November 2019 at 5pm